Did you mean: 

ESIM SIM swap

xanqwer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I upgraded to an Iphone 15 that arrived yesterday, I wanted to do a manual sim swap using my physical sim.

However the sim would not work in the phone, I called support, who told me I had requested an ESIM, which I hadn't with the upgrade order, however it seems like part of the new phones phone-to-phone configuration system, it requested an esim for the physical sim in my old phone. 

The problem is its been well over 24 hours and there is no ESIM, the old sim is blocked and when I called support again they tell me there's no way to unblock it, they can't request a new esim or a new sim and there is nothing they can do.

I asked them to raise a ticket with their backend team but I've been told that's a five to ten days wait. I use this phone for work and am already missing customer calls.

I'm not sure what to do and any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

NicoleMartine
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just wondering if you ever got this sorted? I’m sorry I cannot help much, I’m going through a very similar issue but unable to call them as I have no service and no other way to contact them (I’ve been trying through the my o2 app all week but I get different information from each advisor). 

The only thing I can suggest to yourself is going to your nearest o2 shop and asking for a replacement eSIM pack (explain your issue to them and they should be able to provide you with one), it’s the only option they’ve given me but I cannot get there due to being physically disabled and housebound; I believe you need your photo ID with you to do this in store. 

I hope this helps if you have not solved your issue already, I’m sorry you’re going through a similar situation, I know how frustrating this can be as I’ve now had no SIM/eSIM for a week. 

Good luck!

Nicole
Message 11 of 17

xanqwer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn Thanks for the link, I'll see if I can get a response from them.

@NicoleMartine Unfortunately not, I'm sorry to hear your having this problem too, from my many calls to customer support, I've hopefully got them to submit a couple of tickets to their technical support, though they've told me the wait is apparently 5 to 10 working days. I'm going to give support another call tomorrow, but I'm not sure what else they can do. Hopefully someone will get back to me either on social media or this forum on Monday. I'll be sure to update if I get anywhere with the problem.

Message 12 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145002 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@xanqwer 

@NicoleMartine has a resolution by persevering with O2.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/No-eSIM-SIM-card-PLEASE-HELP/td-p/1710002

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 17

xanqwer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

I'm glad @NicoleMartine managed to get her esim sorted.

I contacted the o2 app support and although helpful, told me there was nothing they could do besides submit a technical support ticket, they also told me going into a store will not fix the issue I have.

I am currently locked out of many of the programs and services I use for work due to being able to fill in 2FA requests. 

I hope @Dave-O2  might be able to accelerate whatever needs to happen with the backend team.

Thanks

Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145002 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27816 Solutions

@xanqwer 

The message is "keep trying"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 681 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 20 Solutions

Afternoon @xanqwer 

Can you please drop me a PM with your mobile number and I'll see what I can do 👍

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 16 of 17

xanqwer
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Dave-O2  managed to solve the problem for me by cancelling the sim swap, I had to go into an O2 store afterwards to get a new sim but I am very grateful for his help in getting a resolution.

Message 17 of 17