Did you mean: 

EE-02 number port, please help me :)

Kate26
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone 

I'm reading so many similar problems with transferring numbers from EE - 02. I've got an issue with iMessage, FaceTime, receiving/sending SMS. I've tried what seems like everything to resolve this. Yesterday they said the number transfer was successful but it hasn't totally worked. Obviously I need SMS and iMessage for a number of things. When I try to change my phone number manually in iPhone settings it won't let me and is displaying the temporary number! Please can people share with me either privately or publicly how they resolved this please I'm getting a bit desperate?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144451 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Kate26 

Start by resetting your network settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Kate26
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I tried this and it has altered the number in my phone but iMessage and face time still won't recognise the number. I also managed to get through to 02 just now who told me they have contacted the back office to see if any files were missing in the port. Is there anyone who can suggest anything else? my hunch is they haven't activated something on the account.

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144451 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Kate26 

Nothing is missing other than the speed of updates on the O2 system.

You just need to wait now for your number to register.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Kate26
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, I thought as much, I hope this is resolved today. Crazy how much we rely on our phones! 

Message 5 of 5