Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading O2 app from Thailand

passedout
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to download the O2 app from Thailand to keep track of my calls but google play keeps saying isn't available in my region. I've tried to use X-VPN which locates my IP address in Singapore but app still no available from Singa either! I don't really want to pay for the pro version in which one can choose the country of the IP address. I was hoping to find a free way to get around that obstacle.

Does anybody know one? Thanks in advance for your advise.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@passedout 

Is Play store set to UK region too?

You will need to find a VPN that uses a UK ip address if that is holding you back.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

You can always use the Web Version of My O2 and set up a screen shortcut on your phone. No need for an app

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 13

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I had to sideload the app in Thailand

It's easy enough to Google the apk for My O2

Message 4 of 13

passedout
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5. Not sure if google play is set to UK...I purchased the phone here in Thailand so it may not be. Yeah I guess I'll have to find a VPN that uses an UK IP address....

Message 5 of 13

passedout
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's an idea....thanks Enlli

Message 6 of 13

passedout
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are there any risk on downloading the app from an unofficial source? It may not work properly for a start I would've thought...

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@passedout 

If you change the Play store region to UK you should be fine.

You'll need it set that way for any other apps that are region locked anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

passedout
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmmm....I checked the country it is set to and it is set to Norway! Very strange! Also it's locked and it does not allow me to change it. Never explored those settings before..... any idea on how to unlock it and set it to UK?

Message 9 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

This from Google

How to change your Google Play country

Your Google Play country determines what content you see in the store and in apps. The apps, games and other content in the Store and in apps can vary by country.

You must wait 12 months after initially creating a payments profile before you can change your Play country. You can only change your Play country once per year. If you change your country, you won’t be able to change it back for one year.

When you change your country, you won’t be able to use your Google Play balance that you have in your old country in your new country.

You may lose access to some books, movies, TV shows, games and apps.

To change your country, you need to set up a new country in Google Play.

To set up a new country, you must be in that country and have a payment method from the new country.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 13