Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does it really work with O2 ????

Ahextall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Guys I've just spent the best part of two weeks now trying to get my Samsung watch pro to work with the O2 network I've had so many phone calls so many interactions with O2 and everyone at O2 has said yes the watch is compatible

Somehow I don't think so.  Just had a long chat with a technician at Samsung who told me that the watch doesn't work very well with O2 and it's had major compatibility problems for a long time the watches  in general have had compatibility problems so I really need to ask someone technical at O2 is this watch going to work with the O2 network for making phone calls independently of a phone device because I'm absolutely at the end of the road now and it's such a shame because it's an amazing watch but the whole experience has been dreadful! 

I would be grateful some real honesty here and if anyone can chip in I'll be really grateful to hear from people that have got a galaxy watch 5 Pro and a making independent phone calls using the watch on its own with the O2 network that will least give me some reassurance to know that I'm not completely wasting my time with this futile exercise. It's been incredibly painful to say the least. 

Thank you very much and look forward to comments.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144952 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27778 Solutions

@Ahextall 

I think we've given you as much support as we can here on your previous threads and posts on the subject.

If there were "major compatibility issues" then I'm sure the forum would be full of such threads, but it's not, so I can only assume it's a setting on your phone, watch or account that needs changing.

@O2Sarah- will be here from 8.00am so let's see if she can help figure it out at all.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Ahextall
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply and yes I really appreciate the help on the forums. It's more the lack of knowledge at O2 HQ that was frustrating.   Can you close post down. For some reason I couldn't.  I've just found something that might finally work by turning off the watch WiFi and although it first says Emergency Calls only you can then dial again after the message and it works!  Crazy I know but it requires 2 taps of the watch dialler.  

Message 3 of 5

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 

@Ahextall I will send you a private message so we can check your account if you still need help. 

Message 4 of 5

ryanken92
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you say you managed to get it to work? I'm in the same boat as you I think, can send text messages but can't call? Any advice would be good if you cracked it

Message 5 of 5