Do I need any settings updated to us my phone abroad for first time

Daggers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

Im flying abroad later today - first time since I’ve moved to o2 

do I need to have any settings or account changes for my phone to be working outside of uk.? 
I’m a pay monthly customer. 

thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35993 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You will need the correct APN for your phone (Apple vs Android), and your Roaming Bar, if any, will need to be adjusted. Depending on what country you are going to, you may need a Travel Bolton to keep your daily cost for data and calls manageable. Guide: Roaming MegaGuide will give you a good overview. Turn off voicemail before you travel to the USA if that is where you are headed! Enjoy your trip. Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35993 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

You will need the correct APN for your phone (Apple vs Android), and your Roaming Bar, if any, will need to be adjusted. Depending on what country you are going to, you may need a Travel Bolton to keep your daily cost for data and calls manageable. Guide: Roaming MegaGuide will give you a good overview. Turn off voicemail before you travel to the USA if that is where you are headed! Enjoy your trip. Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

Message 2 of 2