Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data stops after 10 minutes

SB17-24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey folks. Been having a shocking customer service experience for the last couple months so trying help here. 

I’ve got a pay monthly rolling contract sim which works fine for the first 10 or so minutes and after this the data simply turns off. Still able to make and receive phone calls but simply no data. 

I’ve narrowed it down to something on O2’s end. I’ve put a different SIM card in my phone which works fine. I’ve switched my problem sim to an eSIM same problem.

so really something on o2’s end but I’m being completely ignored by the tech team. Constant failed promises to call back but nothing. 

Any ideas on here before I move elsewhere? 

thanks for your help. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6814 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

We have had a number of posts around this issue.

Getting O2 to actually respond and do something seems a long term exercise

See

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/ESim-Data-Issue/m-p/1667865#M41591

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@SB17-24 

You could try a complaint but the timescale for dealing with a complaint is eight weeks and with no guarantee of resolution at the end of January. 

I will point you in the direction of how to complain if you want, but are you prepared to wait that long ? 

The only point I would make is that the Customer Service of all of the UK mobile 'phone networks is mediocre. Hence, if you do move elsewhere and have a problem, don't expect anything more in terms of Customer Service than you are getting from O2 currently.   

Message 3 of 6

SB17-24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers for this. Seems like a common issue and shocking that o2 aren’t resolving. 

Message 4 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@SB17-24 

Agree completely, I think all of the regulars on here feel that O2 need to resolve at least some of the log-standing issues. 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36560 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Have you tried manually setting your phone down to a lower speed, eg 5G to 4G, or even down to 3G to see if that resolves it once you step back up to your normal speed again, @SB17-24?

See these tests I performed, indoors, at tdifferent times and different phone settings for 3G/4G/5G - not also poor upload speed until I stepped down as far as 3G and then back up to 5G again:

1000009172.png

There are Network apps, even O2's My Network app, that lets you perform these basic test/checks.

In your case, your SIM could be iffy, did you try it in the phone from which you "borrowed" the SIM for your phone?

Good luck, @SB17-24 

Message 6 of 6