Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sim not working…

JWP
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a tp-link 4g router and have factory reset it and put the sim in. The router shows a stronger signal than my previous provider via my external aerial set up but there’s no internet connection. I put my SMARTy sim back in, factory reset, and there’s no problem and it connects to the internet and allows me to use the Mifi. Any ideas why it’s not working? I was advised to get the Sim by customer services but notice the sim package says for phone and tablet…

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@JWP 

Check for the correct data apn https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@JWP 

Check for the correct data apn https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

JWP
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are you referring to the settings on the 4g router? It’s an MR200. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@JWP 

Yes, settings are the same as in the guide

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

JWP
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Working thanks 😀

Message 5 of 5