Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data signal terrible

Notagainshould
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone had any joy with ending a contract due to poor coverage? I used to get ok coverage inside and out, the coverage map tells me not a issue but for weeks I’m often lucky to now get 3G, often nothing, for weeks all I get is, sorry we have engineers working on the mast. At what point can I tell them I’ve had enough, they are failing to deliver a service for which I’m paying and they advertise as being there. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10120 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Notagainshould 

Nope, no early exit, as per the terms and conditions you read and signed, o2 (and all other networks) do not guarantee a fault free service, and masts can take time to fix, due to various issues, but not limited to Access, Local Council Permission to dig up roads and parts. 

Also coverage maps are computer generated estimates and not a guarantee of coverage.  

If you want to cancel, you will need to pay any remaining device plan / or the termination fee's full details are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Also note you may have the same issue with some other networks due to infrastructure sharing. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10120 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@Notagainshould 

Nope, no early exit, as per the terms and conditions you read and signed, o2 (and all other networks) do not guarantee a fault free service, and masts can take time to fix, due to various issues, but not limited to Access, Local Council Permission to dig up roads and parts. 

Also coverage maps are computer generated estimates and not a guarantee of coverage.  

If you want to cancel, you will need to pay any remaining device plan / or the termination fee's full details are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Also note you may have the same issue with some other networks due to infrastructure sharing. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Notagainshould If you can get through to customer service, O2 have in the past offered customers goodwill gestures to make up for the lack of service through mast repairs or general outages. It's certainly worth a try.

Call 202 from your mobile or 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers here: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.
You can also reach O2 via social media:
Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB), Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW), or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG)
Or you can call them on 0800 081 0255

EDIT: You also have the option of calling and texting over WiFi, if you have a compatible phone:

Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

SMS over Wifi Calling - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3