Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data drop off keep needing to on off airplane mode on iPhone 15 pro max

Frustratedfool
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a new iPhone 15 pro max, great! Decided to get a new sim as I thought my old sim didn’t have 5G. Put my old sim in & worked a treat 👌 Had a brain relapse and asked for an Esim🤦🏼‍♂️ Couldn’t get it activate. Went to an o2 shop had Sim swapped & worked great👍 Then realised my data kept going off but still had a phone signal. I had to keep toggling airplane mode at 10 minutes to 3 hour intervals and some of my contacts come up as unknown! Back to o2 shop for another Sim change and it is still the same😡 Reset iPhone reset network settings update OS etc. I’m left with a £1200 headache with little help. Can someone please give me hope PLEASE

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

The data drop is only fixed by O2 disconnecting and reconnecting you to the network.

This may also fix the unknown number issue, but if not, you need O2 to add the CLI presentation bolt on.

Both are common issues of late.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

👊 Going to o2 tomorrow with this information my friend, if fixed I owe you a drink. Many thanks 🤝

Message 3 of 40

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

Fingers crossed for you 🤞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 shop in Leicester never heard of the presentation bolt on. Said they can’t help at all and to call customer service! Does anyone know the UK number and department for this as its an absolute ball ache calling and getting some one with no idea!

Message 5 of 40

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

Currently using:
Message 6 of 40

Frustratedfool
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Once again thank you, I’ll pour myself a stiff drink beforehand!

Message 7 of 40

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

Make it a double slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 40

Frustratedfool
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update:

after calling o2 customer service, they added the CLI bolt on pack & was told they can’t do anymore. If the problem isn’t fixed to go with another provider!!!! Is the normal? Having my perks with Virgin & Disney er NO.  Went to Apple to check the phone, it only just passed when it’s in a box test🤷🏻‍♂️ Basically it has had a mid system replacement which hasn’t made the slightest difference. I have put my sim in another phone and it still doesn’t reconnect when the data drops. Would an ESIM be the answer if not what to do now? Thanks in advance 👍

Message 9 of 40

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Frustratedfool 

I guess anything is worth trying at this point including a complaint through Resolver 

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 10 of 40