Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costa Rica - mobile data not working

ConstanceWhite
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, I am currently in Costa Rica but my mobile data is not working. I desperately need this to be fixed as we are driving tomorrow and need mobile data to access sat nav. Please could someone advise how to resolve this? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

All details can be found here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide   @ConstanceWhite 

But it will cost you £6 per day for use in Costa Rica if you are on O2 Contract tariff, and you would have needed to text o2travel to 23336 before you left the UK.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Screenshot_20220806-072447.png

Your best bet would be to find a local telco SIM if possible, from a cost perspective.

If the daily charge is ok, then check your phone has roaming data enabled, reboot and manually select a carrier after stepping your phone from 5G or 4G to 3G if needed. You may need to toggle WiFi calling off, if enabled. Finally, check that O2 have not left a roaming or data cap on your account, links to O2 on Social Media below so you can contact them on local WiFi from your hotel or nearest free WiFi hotspot. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35218 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

All details can be found here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide   @ConstanceWhite 

But it will cost you £6 per day for use in Costa Rica if you are on O2 Contract tariff, and you would have needed to text o2travel to 23336 before you left the UK.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad

Screenshot_20220806-072447.png

Your best bet would be to find a local telco SIM if possible, from a cost perspective.

If the daily charge is ok, then check your phone has roaming data enabled, reboot and manually select a carrier after stepping your phone from 5G or 4G to 3G if needed. You may need to toggle WiFi calling off, if enabled. Finally, check that O2 have not left a roaming or data cap on your account, links to O2 on Social Media below so you can contact them on local WiFi from your hotel or nearest free WiFi hotspot. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@ConstanceWhite 

Download the maps for the area you are driving in whilst on wifi and use them offline whilst driving.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6291838?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3