Did you mean: 

Chester city centre signal

GH27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I live in Chester and can very rarely get a signal in the city centre. Occasionally I can get 3G, but more often than not there is no signal at all. Despite this, the O2 signal checker says there is perfect signal.

Are there any plans to upgrade the coverage in Chester? I’m looking to move providers so I can actually get a signal and use my phone in the city I live!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Checked around the centre using the My Network App. This is the result

This is typical for many City Centres.

I know I struggle in areas in Central Warrington 

O2 is seriously over subscribed and lacking bandwidth 

Don't expect quick results

Screenshot_20230120_104325_My Network.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

GH27
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It’s not just an issue with my phone/account, family members who are also on O2 don’t get a signal in Chester either.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6626 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

@GH27 I don't think there will be a quick fix. Congestion is a major problem and adding millions of Virgin Mobile customers onto an already congested network has not helped.

Someone described it as trying to get M25 traffic down a country lane

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144491 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

That area of the North West was bad 10 years ago so it ain't getting better anytime soon.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions