Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing home/billing address in MY O2

Paul798
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hoping someone might be able to help me with this. I thought it would be very simple fix but it seems to have become a lot more complicated.

Basically I'm trying to update my home/billing address on my O2 account.

I've got a 'My O2' account, this was set up years a go to purchase something through the shop so I don't think I've ever had a contract through O2 for a phone or sim. My main email address is my login and my only mobile number is on the system as my contact. The problem is I have recently moved house so the address on this account is wrong.

I'm now trying to sign up to a Sim Only plan with O2 and on checkout the delivery/billing address is locked to my old address. There are no options to change this address during checkout or when I go into my profile.

I contacted LiveChat and they said I couldn't change my address until I had a contract with O2. The problem is that I can't set up a contract with O2 while my delivery/billing address is incorrect.

It was then suggested that I just create a new account, with a new email and correct address and go from there. The issue there is that O2 requires a confirmed mobile number when creating an account and my only mobile number is linked with the original account.

Lastly it was suggested I go into a local store with my ID to get this all cleared up. I'm afraid I'm in the at risk catagory and still not comfortable making the trip at this time.

I'm at a bit of a loss now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

O2Richard
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Customers are only able to update address by contacting us or going into an O2 store with photo id such as passport or driving licence

Former Guru team member

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I will tag our account Gurus to see if one can help. @O2Richard or @Anonymous can you please advise @Paul798?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Can you not change it in your http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 under manage my details @Paul798 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

Paul798
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick replies.

Afraid I can't change the address under the 'Manage My Details' section. Under billing address it says:

"You may have a billing address linked to some of your accounts. To see or change an address, select an account from My O2"

The problem is I don't have an account currently running with O2 so no way of accessing any billing addresses. The address is definitely saved somewhere though as it continues to be the default whenever I try and checkout with a new purchase.

Message 4 of 10

O2Richard
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @Bambino 

Hi @Paul798 i will send you a PM , i can have  a look into this for you

Thanks

Richard

Former Guru team member
Message 5 of 10

O2Richard
  • 35 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Customers are only able to update address by contacting us or going into an O2 store with photo id such as passport or driving licence

Former Guru team member
Message 6 of 10

MH4
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue - please can you contact me and help me change delivery address? 

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MH4 

You need to contact O2. All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

MH4
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK thanks for the response. 

Message 9 of 10

Cleoriff