1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Emmajaynepink 

See here Changing my personal details | Account and Billing | Help & Support | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Emmajaynepink 

See here Changing my personal details | Account and Billing | Help & Support | O2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

For clarity:

Changing your name FAQs

How do I change my name?

To make things easier for you, we’re adding a few changes to My O2. These changes are being rolled out gradually, so the experience will change for some customers sooner than others. Once we’ve completed the changes for you, you’ll be able to change your name and date of birth directly in My O2 using the instructions below:

Go to ‘My details’ and select the details you want to change. You can directly upload relevant documentation, like a birth certificate or marriage certificate, in My O2. After submitting, we’ll check everything over and update your details accordingly.

If you’re unable to make changes in the ‘My details’ section of My O2, you’ll need to fill in this form with the details of your account numbers with us. Make sure you include a copy of one of these documents:

• Marriage certificate
  • Certificate of civil partnership
  • Deed poll
  • Reissued birth certificate showing your old and new name (only in Scotland)

Once you’ve got all this together, scan your documents and send them to changeofname@o2.com.

You can also post it to us at this address:

The Correspondence Management Team

PO Box 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP

Once we’ve received your documents, we’ll update your details within five working days. We’ll get in touch once it's done.

Some things to note

Device Scanning

You might be able to scan your documents using your device, which is a quick and efficient way to send them to us. Get help on how to do this below:

You can also take pictures of your documents as well as scanning them. Please make sure you send documentation which states your old and new name so we can process your request properly.

Your request can only be accepted with the documentation sent as a PDF or JPEG attachment on your email and not in the body of the email itself.

Please ensure you provide images that aren’t blurry, clearly showing the information on the documents. This will make it easier for our team to confirm the details and update your changes.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 3