Did you mean: 

Cannot send MMS messages.

Anno78
Level 3: Thinker
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello.

Despite having a 50 MMS Bolt On (49 left to use), and a full 4G mobile network signal with at least 3 bars, as of yesterday I am no longer able to send any MMS messages.

I've done a soft network reset, but no results.  Can anyone help?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

OK.  Got some good news.  Turns out the person I was trying to contact hadn't used her main number for a while, so it's been disconnected.  That's why I couldn't send her any MMS messages.  She's now switched her back up number to her main number.  Contact reestablished.

But still, have to wonder what the issue is you can't send MMS to number that happens to be ok and active?  

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

@Anno78 

Try dropping the data network down to 3g or 2g if you can.

May be a fault on the 4g network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I've tried that on both my devices.  Still nothing, just a couldn't send  message plus an exclamation mark inside an orange circle. 

My Dad's just suggested (through a successful MMS) that I try the alternate number of the person I'm trying to contact.  Just got to find that alt number now.

Message 3 of 6

Anno78
  • 45 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

OK.  Got some good news.  Turns out the person I was trying to contact hadn't used her main number for a while, so it's been disconnected.  That's why I couldn't send her any MMS messages.  She's now switched her back up number to her main number.  Contact reestablished.

But still, have to wonder what the issue is you can't send MMS to number that happens to be ok and active?  

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions

If it's a disconnected number it will never send.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23132 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Anno78 For future reference, if you want to avoid wasting money on an MMS Bolt-on, think about downloading WhatsApp. If the people you want to send pictures to also have the app, you can send them for free if sent over a WiFi connection.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6