Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive verification codes

Hales21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I joined o2 in November and everything was fine. A month later I suddenly stopped receiving verification codes from several companies including my bank and government site. I have contacted o2 customer service and waiting the 5 days for a call back and then the 10 days for tech to get back to me but it’s still not resolved. I really need to be able to access these sites and it’s so frustrating as nobody seems to be able to help solve the problem. I’ve tried my sim in another phone and still no luck. Can anybody help please? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6807 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

I'm afraid we are all customers here so there is little we can do.

O2 could disconnect your account from the network before rebuilding it again, but it would be hard to convince them

DM them through social media. That way you have a record of your conversations 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , X Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 11

samstander
  • 32 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Are you able to receive SMS messages at all?

Message 3 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
Message 4 of 11

Hales21
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I can send and receive normal sms but nothing sent by a computer or using short number, so verification codes. 

Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Hales21 

So you'll need to follow the advice given by @Enlli above and contact O2 Customer Services :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 6 of 11

Hales21
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I contacted them on 09/01/24 and am still pestering for an updates. Just keep being told to wait while it’s ‘being looked into’ hence why I came here. I was hoping for a solution 🤞

Message 7 of 11

Oxonian
  • 6426 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

That's fair enough @Hales21, but as @Enlli has already pointed out, this is a customer to customer forum so we cannot intervene in any way. Sorry. 👍

Message 8 of 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36533 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1624 Solutions

Hales21
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry forgive me for asking for help regarding this. I noticed on other threads with similar problems people were being DM’d to get help. I was hoping for a similar response. 

Message 10 of 11