Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to wi fi abroad apart from free wi fi

AK7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just returned from Tenerife.  I have the 02 travel bolt on but could not connect to Wi-Fi apart from if there was free wi fi available.  My phone connected to Movistar and was on 3G whereas my husband’s phone was on the same connection but had 4g and he had no problem with the wi fi.  I have an I phone 11. Can anyone help please. I have checked all the settings ie mobile data and roaming and these were set to on. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@AK7 

WiFi has nothing to do with the mobile network, it is purely down to the phone software and the connection to the WiFi router.

Difficult to diagnose now you are back home but rebooting phone, clearing DNS cache etc may help next time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144189 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@AK7 

WiFi has nothing to do with the mobile network, it is purely down to the phone software and the connection to the WiFi router.

Difficult to diagnose now you are back home but rebooting phone, clearing DNS cache etc may help next time.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2