Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Set Up Mobile Data on Apple Watch Series 8

Robmk85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So purchased a new Apple Watch Series 8 from the 02 store and also switched my contract from a different provider to a sim only deal with 02 to allow my watch to use cellular data. 
I waited until my new sim was active and my number had switched from previous provider before setting my watch up. Everything was fine until I tried to set up mobile data. Every time I try I’m met with the following message and error code. Oops something went wrong try again if the problem continues please contact 202 for free from your mobile. quoting reference code 106.

I have been trying for 3 days now with no success and after contacting customer service, I was advised to head into store to get an ESIM to complete the process. Headed into store today, spent 3 hours and 20 minutes in there they even switched the watch for a brand new unit and I still have exactly the same issue!

can anyone on here please help, it’s stressing me out to the point I’m feeling Ill. 

kind regards 

Rob 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6619 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Anything useful here?

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/apple-watch

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144462 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Robmk85 

I'll ask @O2Emma to help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Robmk85
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Literally tried every step including ESIM reset by 02 customer service. Still no luck 

Message 4 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5  I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 5 of 8

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Robmk85 I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 6 of 8

Buz52
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Experiencing same issue. Apple Watch ultra error code 106. Have spoken to 202 multiple times and get different answers every time. Promised call backs from tech support at least 4 times which never happen. Promised call backs from a manager, which never happened. O2Sarah was not able to find a solution and 2 o2 stores not able to help. Why offer a service if they can’t provide it/have not received training to resolve issues?  Very very poor. 

Message 7 of 8

ToniMarie22
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did you ever get this resolved or did you have to cancel the plan 

Message 8 of 8