Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay my final bill

BarryS0089
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was on holiday in January and was robbed while abroad, which left me needing all my available funds to stay afloat for the remaining 4 weeks. So I cancelled some direct debits, including what would have been my final O2 bill at the end of my contract. I had every intention of contacting O2 whwn I returned home to pay off my bill and have tried, but to no avail. 

First of all, I didn't realise that canceling my direct debit would remove my access to myo2, but since learning this I have tried to call customer services 5 to 10 times. Each time I have been left on hold for an eternity and then, when I think I have managed to get connected as the music stops and I hear a dialing tone, I am then cut off. 

This is so frustrating as I just want to pay my bill, before anymore monthly rolling charges rack up for not having ended my contract properly. To be honest, I found myself using Google maps through O2 while on holiday, but that is literally the only time I have used any data in the last 12 months. I haven't even made a call or sent a text in that time because I started a Vodaphone contract a year ago.

Anywho, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

The best people to deal with this are Payment Management 

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 

Payment Management opening hours:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm

Sunday – 9am to 6pm

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 12

BarryS0089
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks! I'll go try that nber now.

Message 3 of 12

BarryS0089
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Aaand the line was disconnected after holding for a few minutes. This is a complete nightmare, but I'll keep trying the number for payment management.

Message 4 of 12

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5689 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@BarryS0089 

Do you know how much you owe to O2 ? 

If you do, then payment by bank transfer becomes a possibility :-

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Message 5 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@BarryS0089 You need to keep trying to get this bill paid either through Payment Management or by using a bank transfer, as suggested above. O2 are ruthless about non-payments and this will have an adverse effect on your credit file if you don't get it resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 12

BarryS0089
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't but I'll keep ringing the number, you'd imagine someone will want to take my money eventually. 

Message 7 of 12

BarryS0089
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah could do without that on my file, or even having to pay a collection fee on top of my bill. 

Message 8 of 12

BarryS0089
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did it! Someone finally picked up the phone, and, 53 minutes later and 

Message 9 of 12

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5689 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@BarryS0089 wrote:

I did it! Someone finally picked up the phone, and, 53 minutes later and 

I hope @BarryS0089 that the remainder of that sentence was intended to read "....got it all paid and resolved" ? 

If so, excellent news ! 👍

Message 10 of 12