Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t add data plan to Apple Watch

Nick2311
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered an Apple Watch Ultra a month ago, along with a data plan. After adding the data plan during setup, for 3 weeks it was stuck on “activating” - seems to be a common problem from reading these forums.

I reset the watch a week ago, not particularly confident it would make any difference, and since then it won’t even let me add the data plan, giving me error code 08. 

So I’m now approaching my first bill for a service that isn’t being provided.

Customer service seems to be non-existent. Having used the support chat option through the O2 app, I was eventually connected to somebody who couldn’t seem to speak coherent English, who instructed me to simply add the data plan through the watch app - which I’d already explained doesn’t work, hence seeking support. They gave up after a few messages and closed the conversation with link to connect me to a web chat with the new connections team. The link just connected me to a bot that asks me if I want to upgrade. Clearly not interested in helping, or just completely incompetent.

I’ve seen people here recommended contacting them through social media, so I sent them a message on Facebook two days ago, which has so far been ignored. 

The only success people appear to have in resolving this issue is by catching someone from O2 on these forums. Do they still man the forums?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36023 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

The Forum Advisor service was withdrawn some time ago, @Nick2311 - nobody from O2 tech support regularly reads the forum.

We have heard of cases where an O2 Shop service agent has been able to fix the issue for a customer who presented with watch, phone and photo-id, so that might be worth a try. Otherwise, persist with the Social Media Team via FB, or call 202 around this time of day, 08:10am UK time seems to work best to avoid the India or Philippines call centres. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36023 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

The Forum Advisor service was withdrawn some time ago, @Nick2311 - nobody from O2 tech support regularly reads the forum.

We have heard of cases where an O2 Shop service agent has been able to fix the issue for a customer who presented with watch, phone and photo-id, so that might be worth a try. Otherwise, persist with the Social Media Team via FB, or call 202 around this time of day, 08:10am UK time seems to work best to avoid the India or Philippines call centres. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2