Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t activate iMessage or FaceTime

PerLE-71
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, been going round in circles with customer support. My iPhone stopped working suddenly last month. I got a replacement sim card and seemed to be ok but I can’t send text messages and my iMessages are being sent from my email address. I can’t activate iMessage or FaceTime. Been through multiple resets, software is up to date and had a call with Apple Support who went through everything and confirmed it is not my phone but my number has not been activated properly and it is a problem with the carrier settings. I can receive/make calls and can receive messages but can’t send them. Apple said it sometimes happens when carriers make changes and they don’t activate properly.

o2 keep telling me to do the same things and aren’t listening, it was them that transferred me to Apple. I’ve spent hours on the phone and multiple online chats to no avail. Please help!! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36507 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

A couple of suggestions, @PerLE-71 _ reset your iphone's network settings and make sure your phone number in iMessage matches your actual number.

Go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage. Go to Settings > FaceTime and turn off FaceTime. Restart your iPhone. Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on.

Then if still broken, ask O2 if they have provisioned your account correctly for an iPhone. Call at around 08:10 for a shortish queue and a shot with a UK CS agent.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 4

Bebe75
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

is it working now ? how did they help you? I have been dealing with this for 3 weeks please help me

Message 3 of 4

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Bebe75 

If that question is aimed at @PerLE-71, you need to tag him thus.

Message 4 of 4