Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I change an account to my wife's name

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a sim only account which my wife uses but it is in my name. It is paid for by a joint bank account and only £3.43 per month. Could we change it so it is in her name without going to setting up a new account as it is plenty for her needs. I have tried contacting o2 on 202 but it was very confusing and a terrible line so it got nowhere, saying she has to have another account in her name to do credit checks but it is paid for by our joint account as my own phone.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10293 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@pedrobedro 

The CSA was correct.

Your wife will need to go through Credit and Affordability checks, and you would have to pay off the current contract in full, and then transfer it into your wife's name..  

In fairness for £3.43 i would just leave it as it is

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10293 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3025 Solutions

@pedrobedro 

The CSA was correct.

Your wife will need to go through Credit and Affordability checks, and you would have to pay off the current contract in full, and then transfer it into your wife's name..  

In fairness for £3.43 i would just leave it as it is

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

pedrobedro
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That was the conclusion we came to. It would have been handy for her to have it in her name for signing into some accounts we use and for checks on government gateway type sites. Thanks for confirming it anyway.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 3 of 3