cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bet you cant solve this one - iphone not recognizing SIM.. but the SIM is working

Hodgo-paul-11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So... 

Asked O2 for an unlatching code as was moving away from them... iphone 12pro was already unlatched, but did it anyway just to be safe.

Phone was apparently unlatched, however went through just before the number port

Now the new EE sim with my ported number (works in other phones) does not work in my phone.

A sim from Vodaphone works in my phone so it has to be unlatched.

Therefore the sim is working, the phone is unlatched, but they wont play nice.

Tried everything, refresh network settings etc. I cant even add my number to itunes account as it sends a text to confirm.. which i wont receive

Help  🙂

Phone settings say - No SIM restrictions, I can manually search for and select EE in network settings, if I go into the physical sim settings it says 'Network not available' and if I select it it says 'Phone not allowed'

Work that one out

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

IPhones don't use unlatching codes, it's done on Apple's servers 

From Apple support

• Open Settings in your iPhone.

• Tap on General

• Then tap on About.

• Scroll slightly down until you find Network Provider Lock.

• You should then find the answer as ‘No SIM restrictions’ to know if your iPhone is truly unlocked. If it doesn’t say this, it will likely say ‘Sim Locked’ or something else, indicating that your iPhone is most probably SIM-locked to a network carrier.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10183 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Hodgo-paul-11 

Try Apple Support and try EE support, as o2 haven't locked any phone for years. 

It has been known for an Apple device to sim lock a sim out..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Hodgo-paul-11 

Connect to iTunes with EE sim in and download the EE carrier profile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Hodgo-paul-11
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thanks, it says no sim restrictions, but its only locking EE sims, so there is some other restriction on the phone

Message 5 of 9

Hodgo-paul-11
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah will do thanks

Message 6 of 9

Hodgo-paul-11
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

DO you mean connect to itunes, and then manually select EE from the network list? Its does show EE as an available network and I can select it, but still nothing.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

What carrier profile is installed @Hodgo-paul-11 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Hodgo-paul-11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Issue was a split service.. SMS with EE and Calls with O2. O2 messed up the port and didnt send all the files over. They also messed up the removal of blacklisting, so the DB says its clear but some service providers think its not. Doesnt explain why another EE sim was able to use my phone tho

Message 9 of 9