cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch not connecting to mobile data!

Chris071168
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have done a bit of digging and apparently when you have paired your watch you then go to set up mobile data. The thing is your supposed to get a log in page where you can select your mobile plan and activate it there. Problem being I have never had this log in page!! Don't know about anyone else but how does nobody in customer services know about this. I am also on day 18 of not being able to activate😡😡

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123010 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Chris071168 

Unfortunately we no longer have the account advisors to help with this Apple Watch issue.

If you are near an O2 shop, you may want to pay them a visit to see if they can help.

If not, try them on social media

message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

Chelly
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the same position, not able to activate data on watch, I’m sick and tired of being passed from pillar to post.

Message 3 of 16

j1mmy
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in the same position. My watch has been stuck activating for over 24hrs. How easy is it to have them remove the £5 airtime plan. I don't have the strength or inclination to spend hours on the phone. I tried Insta and twitter this morning, but no response.

Interestingly in the watch app on my phone I can see an ICCID number for my watch but under settings, about on the watch itself it says 'no sim' under ICCID.

Has anyone had this successfully resolved? I think I'm also correct in saying that the O2 representatives left this forum in the past couple of weeks?

Message 4 of 16

Davey193984
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here, furthest I got was to choose the £5 tariff and then stuck on the ‘o2 activating’ and spinning where on the screen. Left it for a week and then went into an O2 store, no help at all, told me to reset and unpair. Now lost the ‘o2 activating’ Back to square one, Now all I get is the error 8 or 15 screen and to call 202, which again is useless. Spoke to them and they wanted the ICCID number from the watch, which didn’t have a number, they told me to speak to apple for it, spoke to apple who confirmed you won’t get an ICCID number on the watch till the mobile data has been set up 🤦‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ so frustrating. Only just came to o2 from virgin, think I might just cancel and go to EE. It’s not just the fact it’s not been setup yet but it’s the false information they are telling me just to get me off the line/chat. Was told I would get a callback in 5 working days from the 13th, heard nothing.

Message 5 of 16

Chris071168
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think someone needs to escalate this issue they have a customer duty to fulfill or the contracts should be void we are paying for a service and not getting it!!😡

Message 6 of 16

j1mmy
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you actually get charged £5 for the airtime plan for the first month? or do the charges only start when it successfully activates. Wondering whether I need to call them to have the plan removed or not - presuming it isn't likely to ever stop 'activating'

Message 7 of 16

Chris071168
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh yes no two ways about it they will take payments because on their end everything is OK and up and running!! Which is not the case for us 😡

Message 8 of 16

Chris071168
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just letting you know I have sorted the issue of watch not connecting to mobile data! You need to go into an o2 shop it's the only way. Just tell them your mobile number needs associating with the apple watch to activate it. Mine wasn't so I kept getting error codes 08 and 15 after about an hour mainly waiting for them to answer the guy at the o2 store got it sorted as he knew what to say to customer services! Hope you get sorted. 👍

Message 9 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36043 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Chris071168 wrote:

Just letting you know I have sorted the issue of watch not connecting to mobile data! You need to go into an o2 shop it's the only way. Just tell them your mobile number needs associating with the apple watch to activate it. Mine wasn't so I kept getting error codes 08 and 15 after about an hour mainly waiting for them to answer the guy at the o2 store got it sorted as he knew what to say to customer services! Hope you get sorted. 👍

Well done, @Chris071168 - what store was this, out of interest?

And thanks for the positive feedback 👍

Message 10 of 16