Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

loopy_lisa
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my husband has an iPhone XS that is due to be cancelled tomorrow but he also has an Apple Watch associated with the phone which he has only had since August last year so not even 12 months into the contract. Both are in my name as we are on a Family Plan but he wants to get a phone in his own name, still with o2, from tomorrow. Is there any way we can transfer the Watch from my account to his new account once it is set up, or will the watch have to stay in my name and on my device?

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@loopy_lisa 

You'll need to call customer service to switch it to a different account Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 7

loopy_lisa
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've spent the best part of the day on the phone to them, well actually I've spent the best part of the day listening to the music they play while being on hold!! When I eventually got through, they told me I'd either have to pay off the remainder of the device (watch) plan which i can't do, or renew the contract in my name again which we also don't want to do. They also told me that as the technical support team aren't available on the phone, I should post here instead to get thier advice!

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
As we're just customers like yourself there's nothing we can do, sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 7

loopy_lisa
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I know, thanks. Customer services told me the technical support team are active here and will hopefully help. Thanks
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 145046 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Not seen them at all here.
You're being fobbed off.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 7

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi @loopy_lisa when the contract is paid off and it leaves the apple watch then you will either need to upgrade the phone while keeping it in your name for the watch to continue or if you close the account so that your other half takes it in his name then the watch will device plan will need to be paid off as it cant be transferred to your parthers name im afraid, hope that helps.

signature
Message 7 of 7