Did you mean: 

Apple Watch issues

adg461
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck with resolving data issues for Apple Watch? I've seen on previous conversations that this is an issue O2 have been aware of for a year, but they've still not resolved it.

I bought a new Apple Watch Ultra with cellular from the Apple Store last week, I went through all the steps to set it up, but after 48 hours it was still showing as "Processing". I did a web chat and was advised the issue is an O2 issue, not a problem with me or the watch. I was told to call 202 to sort it, the first person I spoke to was useless, and assumed I'd done something wrong. I've now reset the watch twice and tried to set the data plan up again. The setup is no longer asking for my O2 username/password, and is just taking me to a screen saying it'll be ready in 24 hours, and if it doesn't work to call 202 again with reference 08. It no longer even shows as processing in the Apple Watch app, and takes me through the screen to add a new plan every time I click on "cellular" and then back to the screen saying that it'll be ready in 24 hours.

I've checked that the iOS and WatchOS are up to date, so are my carrier settings.

Is it worth continuing to try with O2, or am I better off moving to another network whose systems are actually set up to work properly with Apple Watch?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Let's see if the community advisors can help @adg461 

Can you see if there is anything you can do to assist @O2Sarah- or @O2Ryan ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@adg461 I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 3 of 7

RichardG
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exactly the same problem.

I've been calling O2 since Christmas - about four times, each taking at least 3 mins to an hour. No-one seems to know what to do and no-one seems to know what reference 08 means!

I called in an O2 shop today who said there were problems with the new account software which they didn't expect to be resolved for at least a month. Can this really be true?

O2 ... Is there anyone there?

Message 4 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Let's see if @O2Sarah- can help @RichardG .

Can you see if you can fix another Apple watch issue please Sarah?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 7

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@RichardG I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 6 of 7

RichardG
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah

Any progress?

Thanks

Message 7 of 7