Did you mean: 

Apple Watch eSIM setup Error Code 14

DavidWilliams
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I have just bought an Apple Watch 8 direct from Apple. I already have a pay monthly account with o2 that is linked to my iPhone 13 Pro Max.
I’ve been through the set up of the watch, pairing it with the phone and everything is fine - apart from the last bit which is ‘set up mobile data’. At this point all I keep getting is ‘Oops - something went wrong contact o2 and quote error code 14’.

I have noticed that this issue has been raised a lot before but with private reply’s so can’t tell how to resolve the issue.
It seems that it’s a ‘eSIM reset’ that is required and needs to be performed by an o2 customer service member.

I have spent 2 days calling 202 trying to get this issue sorted and with no luck, every one I speak to says something different and when I say it needs and eSIM reset I get told there is no such thing or you can’t reset eSIM and i am going round and round in circles.

2 days I have been trying.

can someone who knows what to do please help, I am at my whits end with trying to get this sorted.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@DavidWilliams 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

DavidWilliams
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don’t have Facebook Twitter or Instagram 

Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

Then you will need to call O2 @DavidWilliams 

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 17

DavidWilliams
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I mentioned in my original post, I have spent 2 days calling o2, 2 days

There are people from o2 in this community who know the solution and have helped countless people with the exact same issue, so hopefully one of them will read this post and help because nobody else at o2 seems to be able to and I am not wasting another 7 hours on phone call after phone call after phone call, going round and round in circles and getting a different solution that doesn’t work each time, in total I have spent over 10 hours of my time trying to get this issue sorted

Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144600 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

We all know it needs the esim resetting.

I'm not sure why we have customer services if they can't accomplish such a simple task.

You'll need to wait until Tuesday to see if @O2Sarah can sort it for you now.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 17

DavidWilliams
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah- 

@O2Daniel 

can one of you please help with this issue

Message 7 of 17

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @DavidWilliams. Sorry you have had difficulty getting this sorted. I will send you a PM so we can look into this for you. 

Message 8 of 17

DavidWilliams
  • 12 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @O2Sarah- 

Message 9 of 17

Vit
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @O2Sarah- did you manage to get this resolved. I have the same problem would you be able to help. Thanks  

Message 10 of 17