Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch data plan tech support

Andrew_Hurst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have been an o2 customer since 31st January 2023, signed up to the Volt package, as i took out the M500 Virgin media broadband package also.

I have 2 issues with my o2 account, as follows;

Although my Volt benefits states it is activated (when i check this on my o2 app or webpage), the benefits are still not live.  This has been in the state for over 2 weeks.  I spoke to an o2 advisor on the phone yesterday (for 1hr 20mins) and he concluded that the Volt benefits are not activated as my home address on the virgin media account is slightly different to the home address on my o2 account.  Is this factual and the reason why i haven’t got the volt benefits?  The advisor said i have to be an o2 customer for 30-days before i can update my address details.  How can this be wrong in the first place, as i signed up to the volt package via Virgin Media and they contacted o2 to set my SIM only account up.  Please advise. 

The second issue is my Apple Watch mobile data plan.  Firstly the Watch is mine, i purchased it direct from Apple, so all i wanted was the mobile data connection (for £5 per month).  I set up via the Watch app on my iPhone 3-weeks ago, and after putting my o2 username & password in the mobile data status then said “activating”. It was in this state for well over a week.  I logged 2 x tickets to get this resolved, i received one missed phone called, 1 x standard text message and that was it, no further contact from o2. A week ago, I decided to remove “all mobile data plans” from my Watch (via the app on my iPhone).  Yesterday i attempted to reset up the mobile data plan on my Watch, when i select “mobile data” on the Watch app, on my iPhone,  i now have an o2 message that reads “we’re setting up your Apple Watch on the o2 network and we’ll text you when it’s all done. If you don’t receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 free from your o2 mobile, quoting reference code 08.”

Its been over 3-weeks now and still my Apple Watch is not connected to the mobile data plan.

Can someone please help me as o2 on the telephone cannot support, i know this after making endless phone calls over the past 3-weeks.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst 

Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Firstly, the addresses  for Volt Benefits DO have match. If you have My O2 check there and change it

This diagram is frrom the web but can be done on the app.

My O2 Payment or address details.JPG

As for the Apple watch I'm going to tag @O2KyleW to look at this error for you. If it can't be fixed, it will be reported.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Cleoriff.

I have updated my address details, so Virgin Media and o2 now match.  Will the Volt Beneifts now activate automatically, or do i need to contact o2 again?

Message 3 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

They shouuld do it automatically @Andrew_Hurst although it could take 14days.

It's 2 hrs since I tagged @O2KyleW so I hope he answers soon re your Apple watch issue.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Cleoriff.

i shall wait for O2KyleW to respond.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst

Message 5 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I'll tag him again @Andrew_Hurst 

@O2KyleWare you able to help?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 73

Andrew_Hurst
Level 1: Joiner
  • 35 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Cleoriff.

I'm still waiting for O2KyleW to respond.

Best Regards

Andrew Hurst

Message 7 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Yes @Andrew_Hurst I checked this morning and noted he hadn't responded. He was the only one on yesterday.

Best thing I can do is tag @O2Sarah- who is on Monday from 8am. She will answer her tag, I'm sure of that.

Best of luck x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 73

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@Andrew_Hurst I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 9 of 73

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122986 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Thanks so much @O2Sarah- xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 73