cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Ultra Disconnecting from Cellular Data and only connects again if watch is restarted

mobileappz
Level 3: Thinker
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I'm experiencing some issues with the cellular connection on an Apple Watch Ultra. The cellular data connection drops and does not come back unless the Watch is restarted. This problems occurs when using the  watch for cellular features. ie when it is not connected on a Wifi or iPhone connection. This is in an area with good 4G cellular coverage, the network coverage is not causing the problem.

The Apple Watch connects to cellular data when it's first switched on, and it works and can receive data. It says when you tap on the cellular bars:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK - 4G". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Connected.

The problem is when moving to an area of low signal, then back to the full signal area, it is impossible for the Watch to reconnect to a full signal, even when clearly back in the full signal area. 

It says when you tap on the cellular bars, even when moving back in to the 4G area:

"Mobile Data - O2 UK". And it says when on tapping the big green cellular icon: Status: Loading.

The only way to cellular data reception back is to restart the Apple Watch. This obviously resets the data connection.

I have tried all the usual remedies: Unpair and factory reset Apple Watch, Remove and re-add Apple Watch data plan in the Apple Watch App on the iPhone, switch cellular data on and off on Watch and switch flight mode on and off on Watch. However the only way it regains data reception is restarting the Apple Watch.

Message 1 of 233
232 REPLIES 232

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@alphadynamic I will send you a private message so we can check your account.

Message 171 of 233

mobileappz
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just wondering if you know how this was resolved in the end by O2. Just wondering as there are many instances here where O2 staff seem to do something to resolve these issues but it's not entirely clear what they do. 

Thanks.

Message 172 of 233

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@mobileappz 

I don't think it IS resolved. We have had more queries about Apple Watch problems, than anything I can remember in the 10 years I've been here!! It's still ongoing and we have new queries on a daily basis!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 173 of 233

mobileappz
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It would be helpful to the users of this forum if advisors can provide more transparency about what they have done to successfully resolve these issues. Usually it seems a user poses a question here on the forum about a technical fault. An O2 representative is asked to get involved to fix the issue via Personal Messaging. And then the outcome is outknown to anyone here and no-one viewing this forum can see what happened to fix the issue.

Message 174 of 233

AshPoxon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there @O2Sarah- can someone help me with exactly the same problem please. My AWU keeps losing cellular connection, and have to restart the device, even then only getting a temporary connection

Message 175 of 233

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@mobileappz wrote:

It would be helpful to the users of this forum if advisors can provide more transparency about what they have done to successfully resolve these issues. Usually it seems a user poses a question here on the forum about a technical fault. An O2 representative is asked to get involved to fix the issue via Personal Messaging. And then the outcome is outknown to anyone here and no-one viewing this forum can see what happened to fix the issue.

@mobileappz 

Must admit, most of the regulars here, are of the same opinion. 😉

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 176 of 233

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Good morning @AshPoxon 

I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 😊

Message 177 of 233

Annamasouras
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Sarah-

I have had data connection issues with my iwatch Ultra - I’ve just deleted the data plan through the watch app on my phone - as some have suggested doing, now getting reference code 14 - please advise!

Message 178 of 233

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36506 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

@Annamasouras wrote:

@O2Sarah-

I have had data connection issues with my iwatch Ultra - I’ve just deleted the data plan through the watch app on my phone - as some have suggested doing, now getting reference code 14 - please advise!

@O2Helen01 is on this afternoon, @Annamasouras - watch out for a message from her shortly. Good luck.

Message 179 of 233

Annamasouras
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Message 180 of 233