cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Data Issue - Anyone been able to get it to work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the volume of posts, (myself included) there seems to be an issue at O2 setting up mobile data to Apple watches.

Oops error codes, then stuck on activating.

The O2 folks here have been great getting past the errors, but days of ‘O2 Activating’ with no estimated fix time is worrying. No official announcements or communications!

Is there anyone here who’ve actually managed to set up their mobile data plan on a watch bought in the last few weeks, or is it a complete shutout?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

This needs to be fixed by Apple first, who rolled out an update without proper QA (as per usual)  and o2 (and other networks) need to chase Apple to fix the issue of their doing.. 

All o2 (and others) can do is wait for Apples Developers and IT Team to feed back to them, that it is fixed... 

o2 need to better at communicating as always, but I bet Apple wont let them, as that is admitting fault.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 21 of 29

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36505 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1622 Solutions

The adage of tech support: Just when you think you know all the answers, something goes and moves the goalposts by changing all the questions... 🫨

Message 22 of 29

mobileappz
  • 35 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi just to share my experiences to provide further context as to whether or not this might be an O2 specific issue. I was having similar issues since last September as detailed in this thread below as were many others before and after that. Following suspicions that this was an O2 issue specific to their systems or implementation I moved network and continue to have connectivity on another UK network and fortunately haven't experienced any issues even since the recent update that has been mentioned and blamed.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Apple-Watch-Ultra-Disconnecting-from-Cellular-Data-and-on...

Message 23 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

This has been a long ongoing issue way before the Apple update so you cannot possibly lay the blame at their door

This is a serious O2 issue that they can't seem to fix (or can't be bothered to)

We need a fix that works and for the fix to be posted on here by an O2 employee so that we can advise people accordingly

All we can do is refer to one of the O2 account advisers on here and we never seem to know if that particular referral has been successfully rectified

In fact I feel that feedback from the O2 advisers is very sadly lacking

If there is a fix then why the hell not share it on here?

It's not much to ask!

Message 24 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

So far this thread still appears open and the reports of errors appear to keep flooding in.

I am not a lawyer, but this seems, (at least to my small brain) as alleged corporate sanctioned fraud.

Obviously as discussed I have to jump on the Apple forums and elaborate, can anyone suggest any other good sites to get some traction?

Not personally on FB, Twitter, Threads etc, but would Money Saving Expert, Mumsnet, Reddit be a good place to highlight, (obviously only the screenshots from public forums).

Any other tech sites / groups anyone would recommend?

Message 25 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

And let me be clear, I believe that the vast majority of public and private messages here are genuinely trying to help the situation. Some have unfortunately been slightly more antagonistic. I can only react to what is before me, (or missing).

I am a customer trying to see what is going on, I neither seek nor want anything for personal gain. Just fairness for the hundreds, (if not thousands), of customers who are affected.

Please O2, be honest and stop hiding behind other useful members.

Message 26 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

And, having worked in this environment, my guess is that there are ‘some’ mid / senior level management putting their own interests, (bonuses, KPI’s etc) in front of the realities on the ground. This is causing untold stress to store staff, (who have been great), support staff, ( who mostly have been great) and shareholders who are oblivious.

There may be great people embedded in this system, but the system, (from my perspective) appears flawed.

How many more failed watch activations?

O2 - please release watch activations vs purchases, let us see the scale.

Just about to buy a Telefonica share so I can put the question to their shareholders.

Message 27 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

On top of other recommendations, I think O2 suspending sales of apple cellular watches with immediate effect would be considered fair?

Message 28 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not had any cease and desist notices yet, so hopefully everything I’ve said is fair.

Tomorrow I’ll begin on every site I can think of. O2 customers deserve better.

It may amount to nothing, won’t know until I try. 
But try I will.

Message 29 of 29