Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Code 08

timg83
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As many others have posted, I am trying to set up my cellular contract on my new Apple Watch SE, but all is get is the ref code 08, and nothing happens. No text to confirm it's being set up, and no service. It's been two weeks now. Customer Service hotline has been hugely unhelpful, i've unpaired the watch several times to no avail, and I am becoming hugely frustrated with seeing the same message. Did anyone actually manage to resolve this issue satisfactorily? I have an iphone 15, all software is up to date on the phone and watch, as is the Apple Watch app...

HELP.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes I’m having the same issue!

Message 2 of 17

timg83
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems so many people are and yet customer service doesn't seem to understand or be able to solve it. I really hope this forum can do a better job...

Message 3 of 17

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@timg83 and @LouiseW 

I could be wasting your time with this suggestion, but have you considered visiting an Apple store in connection with this problem ? They just might have a solution.   

Message 4 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144451 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Pointless

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 17

Emma5678
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the exact same problem, been on chat, phone, store and text and getting now help. Been to the Apple Store today and my watch is completely fine and perfect it’s o2. Have you got this fixed yet ?

Message 6 of 17

Vic02
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having the same issue too.

Message 7 of 17

timg83
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, it's been useless. I've tried the phone line, the instagram DM, and registered it as an 'issue' to resolve but zero help so far. I will be pursuing costs and termination if this continues, it's such poor service and unacceptable they haven't resolved this issue as so many customers seem to be experiencing it.

Message 8 of 17

LouiseW
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes it’s unacceptable service! I have made a complaint and I suggest others should too so we can get this resolved 

Message 9 of 17

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5778 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@LouiseW 

I am not sure that a complaint will get this resolved. You might get an update, you might be able to persuade O2 to give you an ex-gratia payment or a credit to your account but solving the technical issues is a different matter.

Community Forums on other mobile 'phone provider websites are showing posts about this issue. It seems to be a problem that the "techies" are struggling to address and hence it is difficult to guess when it might be solved.   

Message 10 of 17