Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Cellular Issues

CraigDutton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I'm having an issue when trying to set-up the cellular plan on an Apple Watch Ultra 2 I purchased from a third party. I'm hoping someone may be able to help - O2 CS seem to be little/no help (to the point where one of their tech team asked me to remove the SIM from my Apple Watch Ultra 2 and read out the SIM number.... 😳). it would help if they could understand a word I was saying, but that's another story.  

I've been getting the following message when going to Watch > Mobile Service > Setup Mobile Service... "We're setting up your Apple Watch on the 02 network and we'll text you when it's all done. If you don't receive a text within 24 hours, call 202 for free from your 02 mobile, quoting reference code 08."

I called CS who have added an eSIM to my account now but still no luck. Do I need to add the eSIM to my mobile phone? A colleague in work has an AW Cellular with O2 and doesn't have an eSIM on their phone so I'm assuming not? 

All software on the phone and watch are up to date and I've tried resetting the watch numerous times with no luck. O2 CS tried sending a new eSIM earlier via the My O2 App but I'm not holding out much hope. 

If someone could please help before I just cancel my contract and go to EE or Vodafone 😭

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@CraigDutton 

Error codes here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@CraigDutton 

Error codes here Activate Apple Watch Guide 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2