cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling service - stilling waiting to have my phone unbared after 72 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCHRISTIE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you after I have serious concerns about 02 for filling their promise to unlock a phone within 24hours after it was reported as found to 02.  

Last Monday I collapsed and knocked myself unconscious while on a dog walk, in the process I lost my phone in the woodlands. When I was well enough I reported the phone as lost. I then had to get a lift (1 hour round trip) to the Hereford to get a replacement sim to use (as I could not afford to wait for postage - as I live on my own). I borrowed a handset off a friend. On Saturday I then after multiple searches found my phone and as it was in a waterproof case it worked as normal after a full change. I then phoned one of your assistance asking for support as I could not get the Sim card to work in the phone. - Explaining that the phone has been found after being reported lost. She told me i would need a new sim, so I had to get another lift to an o2 shop (Gloucester 1 hour round trip) to get a replacement sim. I explained to the chap in the shop that I needed a new sim, and came here after the call to 202 told me that's what i needed. He then checked my sim card and told me the issue was not with the sim, but with the phone and that I would need to request to 02 customer services that the phone needed to be unlocked after being found - why he could not do that for me I don't know?? So i then wait until i get home and have wifi calling to make the call to 02 202 to get the phone unlocked. I was told by the representative that it would take 24 hours and to call back if i was unable to access my G/3-4G and data. Today I checked my phone throughout the day and i got signal around midday, I then checked my phone again at 14:00 and the signal had gone. I took the sim out again (tired it in my dads phone - it worked) reset the network settings, put the sim back into the phone and still had not access to call, text or data. I made two further calls on wifi calling this evening, one representative told me there were no restrictions on my phone then the second told me there was still a restriction and she would have to request the unlocking again and i would have to wait a further 24hours. _ I have had to call 02 4 times now to chase the baring of my phone and it is still UNUSABLE!!!!!!! Below is a break down of how much time and money this has cost me to get resolved: 

• Total of 7 calls to O2 customer service totalling 140 minutes 
  • 2 store visits (totalling 62 miles, 2 hours of travel and 1 hours of time in store)
  • Total of hours of miss-information/support promised not being delivered so far: 45 hours and counting 
  • promised 24 hours to unlock the phone - then told 72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Travel to a Vodaphone store to purchase a sim card to use in a borrowed phone so I am able to make emergency calls if required for my personal safety and welfare. 

I am appalled by a) the miss information and b) the service promised not being delivered.  I need a working phone for my safety, I live on my own and I recently collapsed - so access to a phone is critical. I have seen on various forums I am not the only 02 customer who has had issues with this particular matter.  I have been trying to resolve this while recovering from concussion, and the impact this is having on my recovery and safety is deeply concerning. I am not rich so a new phone with 02 is not an option for me, a sim only contract is all i can afford with the cost-of-living rise. 

I would like o2 to explain why this service, from what should be a simple fix, been so time consuming and complicated for the customer to get resolved? I would also like to understand what training staff go through to ensure that customers in store and on 202 are given correct information that is then carried out as promised. If you are unable to deliver 24hours then don't say it will be resolved in 24 hours! I would like 02 to explain how they will ensure this issue will not happen again for other customers. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6627 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

We are all customers here and cannot access accounts to help you. But I will flag this for one of the team to take  look

@O2Emma Can you help please

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

O2Emma
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @Enlli I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 3 of 4

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @HCHRISTIE So sorry for the service you have received I will send you a private message so I can look into this for you.

signature
Message 4 of 4