Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Republic of Ireland Roaming issue

Evilhood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was moved over from Virgin Mobile. I have 5 devices now on O2, 4 iPhones (all iPhone 12) and one iPad.

When I travel to the Republic of Ireland, 4 of them roam quite happily and connect in a minute or two and work perfectly.

One phone stubbornly refuses to connect to any network, sometimes for several hours.

It takes multiple reboots, manual selection, back to auto selection, etc etc.

Eventually it will connect, but is then unreliable. Probably around 1 in 3 of 1 in 4 incoming calls actually ring, and calls coming from RoI is worse.

I've swapped the SIMs between phones and the problem follows the SIM.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36463 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

When back in the UK, call into an O2 shop with SIM and phone and photo id, they will replace and get it registered on the network in-store.

If you ask for a replacement SIM on-line, your current SIM will be disabled, plus hassle of swapping number to new SIM - but either way will work, @Evilhood - good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36463 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

When back in the UK, call into an O2 shop with SIM and phone and photo id, they will replace and get it registered on the network in-store.

If you ask for a replacement SIM on-line, your current SIM will be disabled, plus hassle of swapping number to new SIM - but either way will work, @Evilhood - good luck!

Message 2 of 2