Did you mean: 

Another RCS / Chat issue

Regron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

Recently ported my number over from Virgin Media to O2. on VM Chat worked fine with both Samsung messages and google messages however, since I have ported my number to O2 they no longer work. 

Whilst I can turn on RCS within the samsung stock messaging app, all messages go as SMS even though I know the recepients have RCS turned on.

With google messages the chat gets stuck at verifying. I have tried all the alledged fixes I can find on the internet and even swapped out my sim so it is tied to my number and not the temp number given to me prior to porting my number. The google chat states my network provider (O2) provide this service and I believe my handset it compatible - Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. Comletely out of ideas, anybody help please?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Did you get to the bottom of this, @Regron?

Message 2 of 6

Regron
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, it seems to be an unsolveable mystery 🙂

Message 3 of 6

Regron
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok, I was skepticle of this but, it was suggested I wait 10 days before attempting to register for google chat services again, to give it time to flush my details out and reset. The 10 days since I started that are up and I am now connected to the chat services.  Before this I even went to the nearest O2 shop and was told my handset wasn't compatible however, seems it is ! 🙂

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35243 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Often patience pays off... Glad you got it sorted, in the face of O2 Shop Tech Support's claims to the contrary, @Regron 👍

Thanks for the feedback.

Message 5 of 6

SG99
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Facing same issue and got sim replaced. Still the settings in RCS shows phone number verification is in proces. 24 hrs passed still no incoming msgs. 

Message 6 of 6