Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtime Plan possibly causing mobile disruption

iamleigh
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yesterday I got an Apple Watch Series 8 (GPS + Cellular) to go with my iPhone XS Max. In order to allow the watch to use cellular without my phone to rely on, it needs an Airtime Plan of it's own. I activated this not long after pairing to my phone.

Upon doing so, my text messages starting malfunctioning. My messages/conversations do not sync up correctly, with my watch lagging behind. If I try to send a message from my iPhone, the message is received on the other side (sometimes doubled up) but the phone displays an indication that it is stuck sending and will eventually either randomly disappear or will alert me saying "message failed to send". I have attached a screenshot of what this bar looks like.

I tested this on another device, and confirmed the messages do actually go through (sometimes receiving twice). I have got O2 Support to reset my eSIM multiple times, rebooted multiple times, unpaired the watch/reset the watch multiple times and ejected my SIM multiple times to no avail. I do not consider resetting my phone to be an option.

Any suggestions on fixes? I do not know whether this is an O2 issue, an Apple issue or just a me being silly issue.

Status Bar

~leigh
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

iamleigh
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Issue solved. O2 support issued a new eSIM, and issues have subsided.

~leigh

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

iamleigh
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Issue solved. O2 support issued a new eSIM, and issues have subsided.

~leigh
Message 2 of 2