Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account and number erased after tariff change

OgG56
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Earlier this week I used the MyO2 app to change my tariff to one that has more data.  As soon as I did this, I lost all signal on my phone and couldn't log into MyO2.

Rang customer services on another phone and they explained the order their end came through as a disconnection request.

Visited O2 store in Cheltenham for more info and my number has been disconnected, and my entire account had been erased.

They've managed to find my account, but still 3 days later I'm still not reconnected.

Has this happened to anyone else? And how was it resolved?  The only resolution I see is changing networks and getting a new number.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123135 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@OgG56 

The only thing to do is to persevere with O2

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract) OR 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

The only trouble with changing to a different network is you will be liable for remainder of your existiing contract.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

OgG56
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's the thing, at the moment it appears as though my contract has been terminated, I'm going to go into store this morning as ask what my options are.

Message 3 of 8

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36223 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

How did you fare, @OgG56

The O2 disconnection process is incredibly fast lately, down to removal of your MyO2 account too. 

It is unlikely that your number has been reassigned so quickly, and we have had cases where a number thought lost has been reactivated by O2 for the customer. I hope they were able to help you, and also to find out why a Tariff change came through as a Terminate request.

Message 4 of 8

OgG56
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not well sadly, all I can do right now is wait.  Been told it could be Monday lunchtime that I get reconnected.

One staff member in the Gloucester shop was actually quite rude about it, saying I'd have to pay a penalty fee for leaving my contract and saying I shouldn't have cancelled it....

...except I did not, O2 did.  Which to me is breach of contract, so I'm within my right not to pay a fee.

Can't wait to get my number back and go into Vodafone to sign up for a much better deal!

Message 5 of 8

pgn
  • 36223 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

We can ask the Forum manager @Martin-O2 to feed back to O2 your poor experience in the O2 Shop.

Also if you check here after 8am Monday, perhaps @O2Sarah- can give things a nudge; she will need more info, privately, here on the Forum, from you to proceed. Watch out for her message. Good luck!

Message 6 of 8

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@OgG56 I will send you a private message to see if there is anything I can do. 

Message 7 of 8

pgn
  • 36223 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

@O2Sarah- wrote:

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@OgG56 I will send you a private message to see if there is anything I can do. 

Thank you. Very weird behaviour, if it was not a fat-finger...

Message 8 of 8