Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fng52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi was trying to forward a scam text to 7726 however not sure if it is iOS now treats links differently or it's 7726's issues, when I forward a text with a link in it, it just directly jumped to the acknowledgement text, without allowing me to text the number too.

Tried to search a bit but cannot find any relevant information regarding who manages 7726. Any ideas? Cheers

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

fng52
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Both,

Thanks for your reply. I think the issue was down to how iOS deals with texts with links at the end, it appeared to have sent out the body and link separately in 2 messages, confusing the 7726 service, making it think the URL is the sender number.

To work around this I have uninstalled a spam call identifying app I had been using back at home and the native "Report Junk" function in Messages app was made available to me again, on screen prompts said the text would be reported to "O2 and Apple" so hopefully the scammy text would reach the same people behind 7726.

Unfortunately there isn't many information publicly available regarding 7726 but hopefully my report ends up in good hands.

Thanks once again.

Felix

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36438 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

This has appeared on several forums, see if this helps, @fng52 

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Security/Forward-a-scam-message-to-7726-not-working/td-p/1008521

"...the stored number becomes +447726 when forwarding the spam text. When I forwarded it and manually entered 7726 it worked. "

Re-enter 7726 as you send your message, do not use the stored number in your address book. Had this happen to me in Android too, had to delete 7726 from address book and re-enter anew. Good luck!

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

Or turn off dial assist.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

fng52
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi Both,

Thanks for your reply. I think the issue was down to how iOS deals with texts with links at the end, it appeared to have sent out the body and link separately in 2 messages, confusing the 7726 service, making it think the URL is the sender number.

To work around this I have uninstalled a spam call identifying app I had been using back at home and the native "Report Junk" function in Messages app was made available to me again, on screen prompts said the text would be reported to "O2 and Apple" so hopefully the scammy text would reach the same people behind 7726.

Unfortunately there isn't many information publicly available regarding 7726 but hopefully my report ends up in good hands.

Thanks once again.

Felix

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144977 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27815 Solutions

@fng52 

It's a service operated by OFCOM

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6306 Posts
  • 112 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
Message 6 of 6