Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G

JoyH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 pay monthly contract from Nov 22 - plus an Iphone 13. I can't 5G see in settings on my phone

Doers this mean my Sim doesn't have 5G?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@JoyH 

O2 introduced 5g in October 2019 so if you had a new sim in Nov 22 it will be a 5g sim.

You need to check if you are in an area that can receive 5g O2 Service Status

and go to Settings >Mobile service >Mobile data options >voice and data and see if you can select 5g.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23107 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@JoyH If you don't have one, you may need a 5G sim. Easiest way to get one is to call into an O2 store, if you have one nearby, and they'll provide you with one and do the swap for you while you're there. If you request one online you will be disconnected from your current sim before the new one arrives. I haven't a clue why O2 does this, but that's apparently what happens.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144497 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27709 Solutions

@JoyH 

O2 introduced 5g in October 2019 so if you had a new sim in Nov 22 it will be a 5g sim.

You need to check if you are in an area that can receive 5g O2 Service Status

and go to Settings >Mobile service >Mobile data options >voice and data and see if you can select 5g.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3