Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g

Jamiehowes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi my 4g internet On my phone only works on certain things I can go on to google and search for something but from there I can not get on to another website like I can google cinemas the click on a link to a certain cinema and it won’t work. Also I can go on Facebook fine but messenger won’t work thanks for any help
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

O2William
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 31 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Jamiehowes wrote:
Hi my 4g internet On my phone only works on certain things I can go on to google and search for something but from there I can not get on to another website like I can google cinemas the click on a link to a certain cinema and it won’t work. Also I can go on Facebook fine but messenger won’t work thanks for any help

Hi @Jamiehowes,

Is this a recent issue or a reacurring issue?

Firstly I would suggest to have a look at our network coverage checker (there's also a status checker tab that you can toggle to).

https://www.o2.co.uk/coveragechecker

If your area shows good service and no issues, I would suggest looking at the link below for some tips and tricks to solve your connection issue.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/network-support

some tips (as basic as they may sound they do really help!)

1. turning airplane mode on and off
2. turning the device off and on
3. try putting the sim into a different device (to see if its a sim issue)

If none of these seem to work, visit one of our stores (if its safe and possible for you) and speak to one of our advisors about your connectivity issues. In my experience whilst being a store advisor, sim swaps are also a easy way to solve connectivity issues which could be one way of solving your query.

If you have any queries you're more than welcome to reply to this message.

Thanks
will

Message 2 of 3

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Any update on your network issue @Jamiehowes? Thanks! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3