Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g Calling Enabled but no 4g Calls

Bychan1970
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Pay monthly SIM using an Oppo Find X3 Lite. 4g calling is enabled by O2 and also activated in the MyO2 app. The setting also appears on the mobile, and has been enabled (as has WiFi calling).

Switch WiFi off and make a call (with full 4g signal), and nothing appears on the mobile to indicate that the call is made over 4g. On an older mobile on EE for example, Volte was displayed top right. On this same mobile, when used with a Voxi SIM (i.e. Vodafone), HD appeared next to the calls made in the phone app.

So it would seem that this isn't working as it should?

Thanks 🤔

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Bychan1970 

Means nothing.

O2 don't have a symbol for it. Mine just displays 4g as normal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Bychan1970 

Some of my test phones dont show VoLTE any more, so think its been removed from some handsets as its now a default feature.. 

my Pixel 7 Pro and 6 Pro (o2 and EE) doesn't show it anymore.. but 4G remains on the screen whilst a call is in progress. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6618 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

If it's not working the phone will drop to 3G. So if your calling with 4G displayed then it's working 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Bychan1970
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all

Message 5 of 5