Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Sim to 5G Sim?

Paul2972
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everyone, I am looking for some advice please, my current old Samsung Galaxy A51 4G phone has been playing up recently and I am about to get a replacement Samsung Galaxy S20 5G phone. My current old O2 Sim card which I assume is 3 or 4G is also a few years old now and (as not a techie!) I am enquiring if I need to obtain a new 5G Sim card from O2 for the S20 phone to get the full benefits of 5G please and if so is it relatively straight forward to swap and keep my current phone number.... Thanks for any advice....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6622 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

The best way to do this is to call into an O2 shop with Photo ID they will swap the SIM for you and transfer the number.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144485 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Paul2972 

You may want to check here if 5g is available in your area first O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3