cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 closed wrong account - proving to be a nightmare!

Bayrunner73
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My partner has been a loyal 02 customer for over 15 years and has, in time, added her four children to her account when they each got phones. 

Last week she requested that her eldest daughter be removed from her account as she was going to university (in Wales - we live in the north east)  and wanted her to have her own account. 

What should have been a simple process has turned into a complicated, energy sapping, stressful and drawn out battle to fix an error by whoever handled the call and made the mistake. 

Despite rigourously confirming which number should be taken off the account, the 02 operative succeeded in removing my partner's account and transfering the account to her daughter's new account! 

Now, my partner has no phone or mobile data access, and her daughter receives calls and not intended for her! 

Both have been on the phone to 02, been told (individually) that nothing can be done unless the account holder is there in person, together with the other party (impossible as there's a 350 mile distance between them!) or that it can't be fixed in store and needs to be handled on the phone...also proving impossible. Her daughter (presumably now the main account holder?) was on the phone for 45 minutes yesterday with absolutely no resolution. 

Furthermore, my partner then received a letter demanding full payment of her device plan as her contract had been terminated. 

So far, despite me taking to twitter about this, and my partner spending around 5 hours in a Facebook messenger chat, it's still not been resolved. 

It's causing untold stress for all parties, all because the operative transferred the wrong number and closed the wrong account! 

Does this sound like it can be fixed?  Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144448 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Bayrunner73 

Unfortunately you will have to persevere with customer service or make an official complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2