Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling slow to activate

elverdiblanco
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

First day today on O2 after porting in from EE. I live in an area with barely a signal so wifi calling is a must for me. I've noticed that when I restart my phone it can take a good 10 minutes for the wifi calling icon to show up in the notifications area at the top of the screen. With EE it was pretty much instant. Why is it so slow to appear on O2 and is there any way to fix it? Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra purchased direct from Samsung and the same device I was using on EE.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6622 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Probably wifi calling is set to network preferred. In a poor signal area wifi preferred is better

With Android you go into the dialer use the 3 dots on the top right to open setting

Scroll down to WiFi Calling, click and  change the slider.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 4

elverdiblanco
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but it is not that, setting is already WiFi Preferred

Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6622 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Bit stuck with that as I have an S23+ with dual SIM running EE and O2 and they are both similar kicking in.

Someone else may have a suggestion. I doubt it is something O2 Customer service could handle, they are a bit limited

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4