cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

utter despair

Anonymous
Not applicable

decide to renew phone  now have 5 contract been customer many many yrs in process offered tablet  blocked as have 2 many phones on contract no response both recent upgraes are within reject period so clear dont want regular long term customers just waited 50 mins no response cut of earlier over and over again emailed no reply  obvious action is when i can get through return last two and then gi else where was going to do this but offered a "good"deal

"edit"  got through and askedf or settlement figures and returns  operator could not hear me advised normal level  spoke louder tol;d no need to be agressive then yet again  in middle of trying to sort issue cut off clearly it all has to be in writing and probably recorded what is it with the concept of customer service?

Message 1 of 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there @Anonymous 

As promised, I've confirmed it and officially its actually 4, so you already have 1 extra one... Although I spoke to a manager that confirmed that you will be allowed 10, but it all depends on your credit score. So as long as you have a good credit history you should be allowed to add the new account. Do bear in mind that after the 4th account it will be looked at by the credit referral team, so it's their decision.

Did the store manager told you the credit check was refered or declined?

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Contracts are declined for many reasons connected to your credit file and it's known too many applications together can result in a decline too.

Perhaps check your credit file via experian.
Message 2 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Keep trying cs until you get told the exact reason for refusal just so we know how to advise you further.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just out of interest @MI5 ...Is there actually a limit to how many phones/devices you can have on contract with O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

suspect there is as a "credit limit"clearly they would have concerns if somone with no history wanted to suddenly have one phone after another its frankly therudeness lack of clarity and failure to remember where the office staff get their money that gets up my nose

Message 5 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

x number of phones coming up for renewal one after other  this is how its been 4 me 4 years

Message 6 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Their is no limit to how many contracts a person can have as long as their credit file is good and the company involved, who ultimately make the decision to allow or decline are happy to do so.

Too many requests for credit can come across as a person over stretching themselves too when a company looks at a credit file.
Message 7 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
shop told me today max 5 before requires extra checks so couple +three animals is ok but add a tab no no its the rudeness and wait time that gets me
Message 8 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
shop told me today max 5 before requires extra checks so couple +three animals is ok but add a tab no no its the rudeness and wait time that gets me

That's interesting information to have as that's the first time I've heard that O2 place a limit !

Message 9 of 25

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd heard 4 or 5 mentioned as a limit before.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 25