cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am at the end of my 2nd iphone contract and so due an upgrade but have become bored with the touchscreen. As a result I am on the lookout for a new handset and the most important things to me are calls/email and calendar sync.

As a result I have turned my attention to blackberry but can't decide between bold 9000, curve 8900 or curve 8520, or even waiting for the anticipated 9700. I don't really need 3g though as I don't do any browsing when away from a wifi connection.

Any ideas?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Depends how much you are willing to spend.
They are also getting the Storm 2 soon, and the 9700 has already been released.
The 8520 is free on all tariffs, however it will be more ideal on a £35 tariff where you get 600 minutes, 1000 texts and one free bolt on (Blackberry unlimited), however you wouldn't get this free bolt-on on a lower tariff.
The 8900 is also free on this tariff. Both the 9000 and the 9700 currently cost £100 on this tariff.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 8520 is free on all tariffs, however it will be more ideal on a £35 tariff where you get 600 minutes, 1000 texts and one free bolt on (Blackberry unlimited), however you wouldn't get this free bolt-on on a lower tariff.
The 8900 is also free on this tariff. Both the 9000 and the 9700 currently cost £100 on this tariff.

Actually the 8900 isn't free on this tariff anymore, I was told over the phone it was but in store they showed me the phone tariffs for the past few months and it is only free on a £45 tariff. :womanindifferent: I kicked off and got it for £35 though so I would give it a go.
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for this.

I upgraded to the Bold 9700 yesterday free of charge on my current tariff so more than happy and the handset even arrived this morning so all good.

Glad I got the 9700 as it is so much better than the 8520, 8900 and 9000 and storm 2 was never an option as sick of touchscreens.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually the 8900 isn't free on this tariff anymore, I was told over the phone it was but in store they showed me the phone tariffs for the past few months and it is only free on a £45 tariff. :womanindifferent: I kicked off and got it for £35 though so I would give it a go.

The phone is free on a £35 tariff online, atleast it is for upgrades.
Message 5 of 5