cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade due

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi there was wondering if you could help me,
i am currently an o2 pay monthly customer on the online 35 contract with a blackberry bold, i have a 30% friends and family discount which means my line rental is only around £25 a month including blackberry services and unlimited internet.
i am now due to upgrade and was looking for the iphone4
i was surprised to find that i get no discount at all even been a valued o2 customer for some time, i also loose my friends and family discount and would have to pay 35.74 a month and 141 for the iphone on a 24 month contract and only 600 minutes and 500mb of data
my worry is that i upgrade to this contract and do not get on with the iphone, if so will i be able to return it and what will happen to my contract will it revert back to my blackberry online 35 instead of the iphone 35 24month
i take it either way i loose my discount?
many thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why will you lose your discount? Is it because your friend doesn't work for O2 anymore or do you get it through your work? If so then you get the cashback instead.
If you return the phone you can't go back to your old tariff, you would be able to go to the new version of it though, or could swap to simplicity.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your reply,
when the discount was given to me i was quite close to the person, lets just say i no longer am,
i take it even if i upgraded either way to a new bb or iphone i will loose it now anyway, i understand it cant be renewd?
im just a little shocked that i dont get cheaper line rental for the iphone 18 or 24 months contracts, not even some sort of discount off the one off charge that i will be forced to pay for iphone, on top of having to loose my unlimited data and taking the contract out for 24 moths just to get the same 600 minutes i do now
Message 3 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
or spend £499 at apple for an unlocked iphone and ask to go on to iphone tariff not bb (but still will lose unlimited data but may keep f&f)
The iphone at 499 over 24 months means about £21 a month that o2 are subsidising the handset or if you pay £141 or about £15 a month
People need to remember the cost of a smartphone unlocked sim free (which o2 do unlock for free for contract customers)
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your reply,
when the discount was given to me i was quite close to the person, lets just say i no longer am,
i take it even if i upgraded either way to a new bb or iphone i will loose it now anyway, i understand it cant be renewd?
im just a little shocked that i dont get cheaper line rental for the iphone 18 or 24 months contracts, not even some sort of discount off the one off charge that i will be forced to pay for iphone, on top of having to loose my unlimited data and taking the contract out for 24 moths just to get the same 600 minutes i do now

Mark,
Welcome to the real world. You won't find any sympathy in here for you having to pay the going rate, like the rest of us. You are no more entitled to a discount than I am!
2 yr old Blackberry Bold to an iPhone 4? You will get on just fine with the iPhone 4, try not to worry yourself! :womanindifferent:
Additionally, I don't recall the BB unlimited data ever being truly "unlimited".
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, just maybe your 30% won't disappear? I was told I'd lose mine, but I didn't. iPhone 4, £30 18 month tariff.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
the unlimited data was caped at 200mb (Was a fair usage policy)
therefore getting the 500mb, is plenty slight_smile
Message 7 of 7