cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade change of mind

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I upgraded a month early over the phone and paid small Charge which I'm ok with. However I'm not too happy with my phone (I went from iPhone 4s to Samsung s4) how that I've handled it I realise that it is a bit too big. My question is what are my options now? I ordered it on Wednesday and is Monday now. Can I ring them and change the handset as I'm within my cooling off period. Or would I cancel my upgrade? In which case would I get my £40 early upgrade fee back? Just thought I'd check where I stand before calling them up. Many thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops, slightly misread the original post. You may change the handset within the first 7 days, best thing to do is just call 202 asap. The fast track fee isn't refundable though as it's effectively paying off (with a discount) the remaining line rental from your previous contract so is unaffected by whichever handset you upgrade to.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it this was a speed to refresh fast track upgrade?

If so, the conditions of a fast track upgrade is that the upgrage fee isn't refundable and you waive the cooling off period.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply.
Does this mean I can't change the handset?
Message 3 of 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

you can change you mind on the handset

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh

• When you take an O2 Refresh Phone Plan through the Offer, you can change your mind about which phone you take in the first seven working days or you can cancel your entire O2 Refresh package (both Phone Plan and Airtime Plan) as part of our standard 'Change Your Mind' policy. This means you can:
  1. change your phone for a different phone available on O2 Refresh (which may involve signing up to a different Phone Plan); or
  2. b. subject to paragraphs 9 and 10 below, cancel both the Airtime Plan and Phone Plan, get a refund on any upfront payment you may have made for your phone and return the phone to us.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops, slightly misread the original post. You may change the handset within the first 7 days, best thing to do is just call 202 asap. The fast track fee isn't refundable though as it's effectively paying off (with a discount) the remaining line rental from your previous contract so is unaffected by whichever handset you upgrade to.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps give it a few days to adjust.

Hope you end up with the handset of choice.
Message 6 of 6