cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade cancellation?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I got a samsung s5 upgrade on friday and on friday eve realised that I do not get signal where I live on this phone. It isn't a phone fault, as someone else has the same problem. And, if i go outside I get a full signal. My old handset gets 3 bars inside. I cannot use the new phone because of this. I called carphone warehouse and got mixed messages from them and 02. O2 told me 3 times I was able to cancel the upgarde. Carphone warehouse says not.

I was told yesterday by 02 to go into carphone warehouse and demand a cancellation and if there was a problem to refuse to leave the store until they called o2. When I called them back today before going back to the carphone warehouse store where I got the upgrade; to make sure this was infact correct and the notes had been put my account as I had been informed it would be. They say today that I was previously given incorrect info from 3 people!!! Carphone warehouse said no they cannot canel and refused to call o2 as there was no point as the couldnt process a cancellation. They said as it is an upgrade 02 presume their customers are already happy, which I was till I got no signal! Carphone suggested turning off 4g which did nothing. Surely I am enitiled to cancel?! But how can I when nobody will help and keep giving me wrong info. I cannot pay for a phone I cannot use. Surley they are not fufilling their side of the contract.

I cannot use the phone as I get no signal with 02 unless I use my old phone.I want out but how?

Someone please help?!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I please ascertain:

Was your old phone using 2g or 3g?.

You can turn your new phone onto gsm only and that will pick up calls and texts almost everywhere. When you leave the house you can then select it to go to 2g 3g or 4g also known as lte
Message 2 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It is in CPW T&C's that you cannot cancel upgrades because of signal because you are supposed to know what the signal is as you are already on the network.
But, I hear what you are saying and I wonder if it was a basic 2g phone that you used previously?
If so, switching the S5 to 2g only should give you the same level of signal as before.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on 3g and tried changing back by turning off 4g to 3g, I still have no signal. Surley the terms and conditons are broken if they are not meeting their side of it?

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
3g. Already tried switching to both 2g and 3g- I still have no signal or at most 1 bar. I need to be able to use my phone inside for work and family calls. 😞
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can get a 2g signal then the terms have been met.
Message 6 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you considered Tugo ?
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get no signal inside whre I got 3 bars before with old handset. I get one bar at very best on new phone if i am near the front door. So are they broken with no 2g signal as I dont have 2g signal either where I did before?

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should also add that o2 do not guarantee signal anywhere due to the complexity of the technology.

Personally I don't buy that and think if you have absolutely NO signal then you should be allowed to leave penalty free. Normally you can but you have to fight for it.
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used it in the past as my friends house has no signal when I visit. I found it useless. Couldn't read texts etc. And why should I have to use that when my old handset works? An upgrade should surely be an 'upgrade' not useless. I appreciate the suggestions but i want signal the same as before. it is an upgrade so I expect the same or better not worse.

Message 10 of 18