Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unrequested change to registered account

ViJay24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had my mobile number linked to the same email since 2011.   Not sure if this is relevant but I updated to SIM only in January. 

Since early March I have not been able to access my phone number/bill account via my previously registered email/login.

When I log in it doesn't show my mobile number - when I try to add my mobile number I am told it is already linked to an account? 

I have contacted o2 who say it is linked to another account?  How the heck has that happened?  They have also tried to put it back to my correct email - but it doesn't appear to be working?  What can I do? Randomly they say it is linked to an o2 email address which I have not access to? 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ViJay24 

When O2 gave customers an email address they registered all accounts to a random email address.

You would have been given the option to change to your own email, but this was back in 2011 and O2 email has now shut down so no access to that, even if you could remember what it was.

I had the same issue but O2 have managed to change to a different email that I can access but it has to be different to the one you used previously.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@ViJay24 

When O2 gave customers an email address they registered all accounts to a random email address.

You would have been given the option to change to your own email, but this was back in 2011 and O2 email has now shut down so no access to that, even if you could remember what it was.

I had the same issue but O2 have managed to change to a different email that I can access but it has to be different to the one you used previously.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@ViJay24 

Just to follow on from @MI5's advice, I would suggest that you set up a brand new e-mail account with the likes of Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo. 

You will then have an e-mail address to provide to O2 when you contact them ; you will be certain that it has not been linked to your O2 account previously. 👍  

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144416 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

I'm pretty sure that anyone capable of registering for the forum is capable of getting an email address 😏

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4