Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

####?

Anonymous
Not applicable
09 Jun 11 N/A Direct Debit - 14 days Payment Received 35.74
26 May 11 N/A * Payment Received 35.74
what the ####?
what was the point in paying 2 weeks in advance only for 02 to take the Bill twice,
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3126 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Is the answer Einsteins Theory of Relativity?
Let me take a stab at this and see if you can elaborate:
a) have you upgraded?
b) has your bank account confirmed two payments been taken out?
c) have you started a new contract?
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
No to Upgrade
No to New contract (my contract renewal is in 1 week and half ) 25th)
also yes to two charges confirmed
Message 3 of 11

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3126 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Looks like the DD has been duplicated for some reason - possibly an inadvertent batch run which may be an o2 fault or the bank. Either way, you'll need to ring CS to determine and register the issue or alternatively, go down the bank and ask them whats going on. I believe the bank has a form which you can fill out to recover the money under the DD agreement.
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
To me, it looks like someone made an 'extra' payment, which was so close to the direct debit date that it was taken anyway.
But unless the OP comes back with more info, we won't know.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
09 Jun 11 N/A Direct Debit - 14 days Payment Received 35.74
26 May 11 N/A * Payment Received 35.74
what the ####?
what was the point in paying 2 weeks in advance only for 02 to take the Bill twice,

Only one of them is stated to be a direct debit, I reckon the 26th May one is a card payment. An indemnity claim with the bank is a much quicker way to get a refund than getting O2 to send it. Not sure why you did this to yourself, but I would suggest either don't make card payments or cancel the DD to avoid it happening in future.
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
i did it by card on the phone and asked them before hand if my account would be credited so the direct debit wouldn't be taken
lady said my account would be debited (so £0 balance)
so the direct debit due would have been £0
i did this last year once and it was fine,
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is fine, IF there is sufficient time between your manual payment 'CLEARING' (which is when they receive your payment and not on the day you use your card ) and the day they request the direct debit (they have to tell the bank several days before the due date). Once you add in the bank holiday and weekends, it was very close.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
reason i asked them first before making the payment
left 2 weeks in advance
this wasn't a couple of days
and as i said i did this previously with no issues (the account should have been set to £0.00) which wasn't done
so the direct debit taken out would have been £0.00
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85702 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4592 Solutions
A manual payment normally takes 2 working days to clear even if it shows on your bank account as an instant payment. I believe this timescale is being reviewed so that it will clear sooner.
A direct debit will take the account balance on the due date so the manual payment you made was not showing on your account by the due date. You normally need up to 6 working days before the due date of the direct debit before the amended total will reflect on the amount your direct debit will take from your bank account.
Don't forget these are working days. 6 working days could be anything up to 11 days taking into account weekends and bank holidays, so for some reason your manual payment did not reach your O2 account in time for the direct debit to adjust.
Under the terms of a direct debit, if a mistake has been made in your payment, you are entitled to a full immediate refund from your bank
Some useful info here ::
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38761
http://www.thesmartwaytopay.co.uk/direc ... antee.aspx

Direct Debit Guarantee
• The Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instruction to pay Direct Debits
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the organisation will notify you (normally 10 working days) in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the organisation to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society.
• If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the organisation asks you to
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify the organisation.
Message 10 of 11